Lessons learned over the last 6 months, and what we think may have changed forever
Hear from four leading figures in the region’s hospitality industry on how they see the changing hospitality environment and how they’ve adjusted their operational structure and tactics over this period. They also be share the key lessons that they’ve learned, the evolving trends that they see and their thoughts on the longer term changes that may have already occurred to the industry.
• Andy Cuthbert, General Manager, Jumeirah Creekside Hotel; Madinat Jumeirah Conference & Events and Jumeirah Hospitality;
• Christopher Hewett, Vice President of Hospitality, Al Hamra Real Estate Development
• Nila Pendarovski, General Manager, Rove Dubai Marina
• Rupprecht Queitsch, CEO & Senior Partner, INHOCO Group
F&B Stakeholder Series: Future Food & Beverage Strategies for Profitability & Success
Four leading figures in the regional culinary industry; Izu Ani, Vinicio Alberelli, Omar Saideh and Edward Harvey spend this first edition engaged in a candid, free-flowing discussion around some of the key questions facing the industry at this hugely disruptive time, including:
- What has happened to the culinary landscape since re-opening?
- How have successful operations adapted, and what kind of insights and performance have they experienced so far?
- How can we anticipate consumer behaviour and preferences changing, and how may these influence tomorrow’s restaurants and bars?
- Where do we expect to see innovations emerge over the next 6-12 months?
Analyzing the current hospitality landscape: What strategies will win market share in 2021?
Four hospitality leaders share their candid insights on how the regional industry’s experiencing and responding to the immediate environment; the lessons they’re drawing from this period and the strategies that may win market share as we emerge from it.
• David Allan, Cluster General Manager, Radisson Hotel Group, UAE
• Philip Wooller, Area Director, Middle East & Africa, STR
• Rupprecht Queitsch, CEO, Senior Partner, INHOCO Group
• Mark Lee, General Manager, Media One Hotel
Welcome back: Positioning your property effectively during the recovery
Hotel operators have been forced to rethink how to position and promote themselves effectively in recent months. As lockdown measures and international travel restrictions continue to relax, do GMs think that communications should emphasise hygiene and security, or stress hospitality and lasting experiences for example? What kind of operational adjustments, procedures and promotions will complement these different messages to different audiences?
Listen to this open discussion to hear what leading 3, 4 and 5-Star hotel GMs have learnt from this period, and the key levers that they’re focusing on to encourage guests back to their properties.