Peer Review & Recognition
All entries are subject to a detailed process of evaluation and analysis by a panel of distinguished industry experts. Winners are then crowned as examples of innovation and excellence in their category at the ceremony. Whether you’re an established player or a new market entrant, entering the Middle East Hospitality Awards will provide you with exposure to the sector’s leadership, where success relies on the quality of your work alone.
Benchmark & Promote Excellence
We work in a dynamic, competitive industry in a fast-paced and demanding part of the world. Although the Middle East Hospitality Awards entry process has been deliberately made as simple as possible to properly articulate your achievements, preparing your submission will provide you with a valuable opportunity to reconsider and re-evaluate your recent work and compare it against your competitors.
Gain Widespread Promotion of Your Work & Company
Finalists and winners will benefits from an enormous volume of communication and engagement with the market in the run up to the event:
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding either the shortlisting or choice of winner.
- No employee of DMG or their families can enter.
- Awards sponsors cannot enter the category they are sponsoring.
- The winners and finalists can state in marketing material that they are a previous finalist or a winner, but must make it clear which category and the year this was in.
- Supporting documentation or promotional materials sent in addition to your entry will be disregarded.
- Each entry into each category costs $150.
- Your entry will not become valid and enter the shortlisting / judging process until the entry fee has been received by the organisers.
- Shortlisted entries will receive one free VIP ticket to attend the award ceremony. Entries that are not shortlisted do not receive a ticket to the ceremony, although are welcome to purchase them.
- The awards are open to all hospitality establishments or staff based in the GCC. For further detail on each award, please refer to the category description and entry criteria above.
- The time frame for all awards is from the 1st of July 2016 to-date. Your establishment must have been open – or you must have been in your current post – since this date for the relevant category.
- All entries and voting results are kept confidential and will not by shared with the other entrants or any third party.
- The deadline for entries has been extended to the 20th of July and will not be extended. We therefore encourage all potential entrants to submit their entries as soon as possible, and contact us with any questions or queries on firstname.lastname@example.org
- The award shortlist will be published in the week commencing Sunday the 11th of August.
- The award ceremony takes place on the second night of The Hotel Show, Tuesday the 19th of September from 7pm onwards at The Palazzo Versace Hotel Dubai.
- All entries must be submitted in English.
- You can enter as many categories as you like.
- Your entry must be completed on the event website: www.thehotelshow.com/awards/, adhering to the word and image requirements detailed both there and on this form.
- Your entry will be evaluated against the criteria set out during the online process and in the guidelines detailed in this document. Please pay careful attention to these, keeping your submission clear, factual and to the point, concisely addressing the questions that you are being asked to answer.
- Assertions should be backed up with convincing evidence. Use verifiable statistics and testimonials where possible.
- Please bear in mind that the judges are not interested in slick language or formatting but instead a clear and convincing description of the qualities and performance of your work against the criteria.
- Uploaded image files must contain single, rather than multiple images. These images may have a title superimposed upon them, but must not carry wording meant to extend the corresponding text entry.
- We recognise that static text and images do not fully describe the qualities, atmosphere and experience provided by many of the award categories. Therefore all entrants must agree to provide two complementary vouchers for each of the five judges to experience their relevant offering to inform their evaluation, e.g. a night’s accommodation at a hotel, a standard treatment within a spa or a meal at a restaurant.
- Depending on the volume of entries received, we will then use an unbiased arbitrator to decide upon a shortlist of four finalists per award category.
- A panel of leading industry experts will then review shortlisted submissions, scoring them individually with the final winners being decided upon by group consensus. Event sponsors are not included in the judging process. Judges will not review entries made by their own organisations or clients, or indeed any other body which may present a potential conflict of interest.
- For queries regarding the opportunity to sponsor the awards, please contact: Sangeeta Dhanak, Event Manager for the Hospitality Portfolio on +971 4 445 3627 / +971 56 1888 927 or SangeetaDhanak@dmgeventsme.com.
- For queries regarding the entry process or criteria, or to book seats at the awards, please contact us on email@example.com